Thursday, September 16, 2010

Greener Pastures

It seems like every other time I post something, I'm talking about either starting or quitting a job.

As I may or may not have mentioned, I worked for the last year for a pair of utter psychos. The woman is overbearing, rude, condescending and schizophrenic. The man is similar, with a smidgen of violent tendencies and severe substance abuse thrown in for good measure. That, added to the so-so pay, absolute lack of benefits, and crappy clientele, led me to have to quit.

The excuse I gave to my boss was that I needed a job with benefits in order to avoid trouble with the tax office, but she, and the other guy who's worked there since before dirt, and is also on welfare, told me that it would be near impossible to find a job in Berlin's job market. As if I'm going to take advice from two people who haven't looked for jobs in over ten years, especially not the dick collecting welfare and working under the table at the same time, fuck. right. off.

Sunday I will have what I hope is my first shift at Barcomi's, a very famous and successful coffee roasting company and independent bakery. If I do well on Sunday, I will make substantially more per hour than I made at the old place, get proper hours and my insurance paid, not to mention healthy tips.

Almost more than for the sake of having the job itself, I want to do well so I can go back to the Assholes of the World and tell them that I'm doing just fine without them, thanks. Unbelievable how many people work there because they truly believe they can't do better. Sad business.

Wow, sorry for the unbelievably boring post. Not that anyone reads this thing anyway. Ha.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Hi,

so you've started to blog again in septembre, but I don't know why I don't get the update send to me anymore, anyway glad that you quit that job, and I don't know where you are working at the moment, it's decembre after all, but I hope that it's at a better place. :)