Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 6, 2009 3:37 AM WAT THE HELL... HE WERES MAKEUP... YEA HES GAY

(Above: Tokio Hotel fights AIDS and makes a shitload of cash advertising for H & M at the same time.)

Last year during my English seminar I asked the students--aged 19-26--to describe to a partner their favorite and least favorite bands and to collect reasons for each. When the answers were presented the unanimous unfavorite was Tokio Hotel.

I'm pretty sure that as a little girl I was drawn to anything that was flashy and pretty and I do remember writing at least one "What kind of shampoo do you use" fan letter to Will Estes when I was about 13, but back in '94 we didn't have MySpace or even know anyone with a computer in their house so it was a bit harder to stalk your favorite heartthrobs.

My closest--and most psycho--girlfriend in middle school had crushes on all the cute boy actors of the day. Jonathan Brandis, Eddie Furlong and Leonardo DiCaprio could all be seen striking seductive and grossly age-inappropriate poses on her walls, but JTT (Jonathan Taylor Thomas, of Home Improvement fame) was her undying obsession.

She used to write him 20-page long letters, all delusional scribbling about how she knew that if you really hoped hard enough for something to happen that it would happen, that neither of them could escape their fate forever, that eventually they would be together and live the fantasy life they always wished upon a star for but never realized was actually possible. In other words, Terri--then about 5'6" and 190 pounds and smelling of cat piss and unwashed hair, now about 5'6" and 300 pounds and smelling of cat piss and unwashed hair--would lead him to the paradise that awaited them both if they would just heed destiny's call.

Even at that age, I knew she was a fucking nutcase. It was the 90s and the height of emo grunge rock so I had heard of lots of people who thought that Eddie Vedder was singing through the radiowaves at them personally, who believed that Kim Thayil really was psychic and therefore purposely played his show on their birthday, that Kurt Cobain was calling them to join him in a suicide pact.

But I'd thought today's modern media-savvy teenagers were way too sophisticated to get duped by such hype. The lead singer of Tokio Hotel is the dude with the stupid hair and black French manicure. The dude with the dreads is his twin. I know, right?

Christoph didn't believe me when I said Tokio Hotel was in an H & M ad so I took a photo of it to prove it to him. So this morning he asked what kind of music they played and I pulled up their MySpace page and played him a couple minutes of horrible horrible pop emo bullshit. They basically sing the same lyrics as 'NSync or Britney Spears, just with guitars. After we listened to that claptrap I skimmed through the photos. This Bill dude gets thousands of comments per photo, but it's funny to see how different some of them can be:






June 6, 2009 3:40 AM

I honestly L O V E you Bill Kaulitz with all my heart! I would be nothing with out you! u mean so much to me! you honestly have my full && complete ♥ it hurts sometimes that my love for you is so powerful, and just knowing that you don't feel the same back, [[yet]] kills! im so determined to be with you! I hope to God, i wish on 11:11, and have full faith that we will be together! i know people may think what i feel for you is over the TOP, but in my option, YOUR WORTH IT! if i had to i would tell the WORLD how i truly feel about you! what i feel for you is 100% real && true! it's more than a crush! Here's my true feeling wen i see you with another chick! im jealous of every girl who hugged Bill ♥ Kaulitz because for one moment they had my whole world in their arms!♥ <3glenda>


AWWW HE FINALLY TALKED …Quanisha Williams


June 6, 2009 3:37 AM

WAT THE HELL... HE WERES MAKEUP... YEA HES GAY


Aaaahahahahahaha! But shit dude, who knew kids today were so damn illiterate? "In my option"? Uhhhhhh.







































No comments: